Ken understands what it takes to get your brand to the top – he loves getting inside the heads of the target and determining what makes them tick (the spark!). This passion has helped him have the unique experience of working on and leading great #1 brands throughout his career in companies both large and small.
- part of the team that helped take Pantene (P&G) from a niche brand to #1 in the U.S.
- directed Rogaine Extra Strength (Pharmacia) as it became the #1 hair regrowth brand in the U.S.
- created the Invisalign brand (Align) and launched it on its way to the #1 orthodontic brand in the U.S.
- led the expansion of Emergen-C (Alacer/Pfizer) as the #1 brand of vitamin C in the U.S.
While his career has included work on many $100MM+ brands, helping smaller brands like Prell, Dramamine, and Ester-C has taught him what it takes to succeed on more resource constrained businesses. From large Fortune 50 companies to start-up/pre-IPO ventures and everywhere in between, Ken has been there. Having started his career as a Brand Assistant to eventually become Vice President in multiple companies, he also understands working throughout an organization’s levels. And, having worked in public, pre-public, private and family owned businesses, including during reorganizations, spin-offs, mergers, and sales, he understands the unique needs, challenges and opportunities these represent.
Ken has a B.A. in Economics from Brigham Young University and an MBA with an emphasis in Marketing and International Business from UCLA and is married with six children. He is actively involved in his community as a Scoutmaster and President of his HOA, and has previously served as chairman of the Yavapai County (AZ) 4-H & FFA fair board and a community member of the Kalamazoo (MI) mental health board.
No matter what your needs may be, Ken brings his knowledge and experience to bear to provide expert consulting manpower on most marketing, sales, and business issues. He is ready to help your business get that spark! and take that leap forward.
Read about Ken’s work in the media:
- Ad Age article about Emergen-C >
- Ad Age article about Rogaine >
- Wall Street Journal article about Rogaine >